Get To Know: Kypris Beauty Elixirs
Kypris is a luxurious skin care line offering a gorgeous variety of effective serums and oils boasting organic, wild-crafted, and sustainably grown ingredients. While the serums are insanely impressive (and entirely deserving of their own post), the Beauty Elixir face oils are out of this world. The thick, rich Beauty Elixirs are brimming with healing ingredients that my skin just drinks up. Apply these oils both day and night! Each Beauty Elixir has the same base of fantastic actives and carrier oils, distinguished only by the addition of essential oils. So impressed by the care and passion that went into crafting each of the three oils, I asked Chase, the lovely founder, to describe some of the benefits of the carefully chosen ingredients. Rather than provide me with a simplistic response, Chase took the time to detail the attributes of each oil and active ingredient. This is a woman who takes pride in her line. (Seriously, Chase has all of the answers. Her passion and enthusiasm for natural, effective skin care will make you a believer.)
Here is just a brief glimpse into some of the beautiful ingredients that go into each Beauty Elixir:
- CoQ10, Ubiquinone - CoQ10 steadily declines as tissues age. Some studies indicate depletion of CoQ10 correlates with a variety of ills. From the only company to make CoQ10 in the USA via a patented process, the CoQ10 in KYPRIS products has been recognized as the gold standard in antioxidant care. As a functional ingredient it has been clinically established to improve the appearance of sun damage when used continuously for six months at the concentration included in KYPRIS Beauty Elixirs.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C Ester) – This Vitamin C Ester is a functional ingredient shown in studies to effectively support skin’s production and protection of collagen.
- Mixed Tocopherols - Our Vitamin E oil derives from certified GMO free soybeans from crop to finished material grown in Spain. Our Vitamin E Oil contains a complete spectrum of naturally occurring vitamin E which on its own is very healing and works in concert with Vitamin C to protect the integrity of skin.
- Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate (From Licorice) - The fatty acid form of the anti-irritant glycyrrhetinic acid. Derived from licorice, this isolated compound helps to keep histamine fussiness from appearing on the surface of the skin.
- Opuntia Engelmanii (Prickly Pear Seed) Oil - We are the only company in the world to use prickly pear from the U.S. The oil we use is the result of a 3+ year collaboration with a group that has been wild crafting the prickly pear for generations in the Arizona high deserts. It is a unique genus species - Opuntia engelmanii - that is brimming with amino acids and vitamins.
- Punica granatum (Pomegranate Seed) Extract - A fatty oil with more than 60% punicic acid, a valuable conjugated linolenic acid (CLA) studied for its UV protective properties and anti-tumoral effects. Produced by super critical carbon dioxide extraction, it contains tocopherols, sterols, and a small amount of squalene. Known to calm and heal irritated, dry, and sensitive skin, it promotes the skin’s self-repair system and stimulates regeneration, which in turn reduces wrinkles, improves elasticity, and protects against aging.
- Alleurites moloccans (Kukui) Oil - Kukui Nut Oil from Hawaii’s state tree is famous for its traditional use caring for babies’ skin. The word ‘Kukui’ is Hawaiian for the word ‘enlightenment.’ High in linoleic and linolenic essential fatty acids, vital for the metabolism of healthy skin, Kukui Nut Oil absorbs easily imparting its nourishing properties. It is known for soothing irritated and sunburned complexions and has reportedly helped to relieve itching due to eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
So what makes each oil different?
Beauty Elixir I (1,000 Roses): This is a gorgeous rendition scented lightly with the essential oil of 1,000 organic Bulgarian roses. Luxurious rose oil contains a host of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and is best known for its softening effect on dry skin. It's rare for me to find a face oil containing rose that I like. The scent is often too heavy or perfumey. However, 1,000 Roses is rose essential oil done right. It's delicate and a little bit sexy.
Beauty Elixir II (Healing Bouquet): It's like Chase crafted this seductive oil with me in mind. The exquisite essential oils in this blend are warm, captivating, and downright alluring. Rather than have me ramble on describing their benefits, I'll let the eloquent Chase do that for me -
- Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil - One of science’s most well documented healing essential oils, our sparkly lavender is grown and distilled at altitude which allows some volatile compounds to evaporate off leaving a sweeter, more gentle, hydrating, and healing oil.
- Jasminum grandiflorum (Jasmine) Extract - Known for its uplifting sensuality, our twice-distilled Jasmine ruh brightens spirits and increases hydration while softening the skin.
- Pelargonium graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil - Revered for its multi-tasking healing properties, Rose Geranium essential oil is prized for its anti-inflammatory benefits and warm heart centered bouquet. The Rose Geranium in KYPRIS products is organically grown and distilled by a Co-Op, which supports a community.
- Pogostemon patchouli (Patchouli) Oil - Patchouli essential oil is known for its balancing and grounding affects. Studies indicate that when topically applied it has fantastic anti-inflammatory properties as well. All of the Patchouli in KYPRIS products is gently aged to increase its sweetness.
And if you are looking at the price of these Beauty Elixirs thinking I'm out of my mind - remember that you are purchasing 50 ml, rather than the usual 30 ml or 15 ml. While definitely still pricey, these oils are quite on par with others containing similar active ingredients. And, in my humble opinion, far more effective. (My skin just glows when I use these elixirs!)
Shop Kypris now!